Monday, August 30, 2010

"On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin....Fight on for her fame, fight fellas fight fight fight to win this game"

As football season quickly approaches, my title for today's entry really has nothing to do with football. My husband has a bit of school song envy. It appears that my song "On Wisconsin" gets used quite a bit in various other media outlets. For example, watch Disney's Robin Hood and you'll hear "On Wisconsin" being played after the bow and arrow competition. Also apparently in the Beach Boys song "Be True to your school," On Wisconsin is also played. He just doesn't understand the awesomeness that is the Badger state and does not understand why a great song such as "On Wisconsin" is used as often as it is. I keep telling him that Wisconsin is great but he's in denial. Oh well, eventually he'll see the light. :)

I'm looking forward to football season as I do every year. However, I definitely miss going to the games at Camp Randall and seeing my beloved band. Instead, I'm surrounding by fans of worthless nuts hearing them constantly complain on how much they got cheated in some way or other during whatever game they played the past week. I mean really, apparently every single referee in the country is out to get the Buckeyes...I'm not sure you were aware of that. And I'd like you all to know that according to Buckeye fans, their poo doesn't stink. The sun rises and sets according to Jim Tressel. You may think I'm overexaggerating but spend one minute with a true Buckeye fan and you'll soon see my point. It is nauseatingly disgusting and annoying. My advice to all those unmarried people out there, don't ever marry someone who doesn't love your football team as much as you. Do NOT marry someone who is a die-hard fan of your rival or a team you despise with everything that is in your being. Trust me on this, your marriage with go through rougher times if you do not heed my warning.

I'll leave you with this, "If you wanna be a Badger just come along with me, by the bright shining light, by the light of the moon, if you wanna be a Badger just come along with me, by the bright shining light of the moon!"

2 comments:

  1. Hear Hear! Just another message that mixed marriages have additional challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! Life with a Vikings fan is fine, until football season rolls around!

    ReplyDelete