Sunday, August 1, 2010

Here I go again on my own....

Alright for all 2 of you out there that are dying from anticipation for my next blog, here I go again.

As I have previously stated in my first post...which you can very easily go back and read, I have two darling children whom I would not trade for the world. However, I would like to add, never in my planning of having children did I ever think that I would be blessed with one who enjoys throwing themselves on the floor and attempting to bang their head on the ground(it is only an attempt, seeing as Emma is fairly intelligent she knows that nothing is really worth her self-inflicting pain---those are precious brain cells in there and she does not want to waste them on such silly matters as really banging her head on the floor). I walk in the door from work tonight...after working 12 gloriously long hours, to a delicious aroma of garlic and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce....(the husband made dinner---BBQ pulled pork...yum) anywho, I did not immediately get to enjoy my dinner. Since I had been away from Emma for 12+ (more like 13 hours), she felt (and let's be honest always feels) like she can not leave my side. Everytime I attempted to put her down to fill my face with some deliciousness that was Sweet Baby Rays, she would fuss and cry. I distracted her for all of 5 minutes with food of her own until I then walked out of the room...this then caused a terrible problem for my sweet little baby girl. It was total chaos after that until she fell asleep...she was not a happy camper.

I remember when I was younger and had several young cousins who used to throw themselves on the floor and bang their heads on the ground...why on earth a child would do that I'm not sure...but by golly Emma throws tantrums like the best of them! Perhaps it is a mixture of my stubbornness along with my husband's pigheadedness mixed with a bit of second child syndrome that causes these outbursts. But all I have to say is boy oh boy are they loud! It sounds as if she is getting bludgeoned to death as she lets out these blood curdling screams but in reality she just wants me to hold her and never let her down! Or sometimes it's she would like to wear a certain outfit or have something of Lily's that she can't, either way it is never a life or death situation. If she could only use some rational thought and express to me exactly what it is that she is needing, we could avoid these outbursts altogether, but alas she is only a mere year and half old...and rational thought is still about 25 years away! ;) So I must endure and remember that even in these trying times, she is one of the most beautiful babies in the world and God knew what He was doing when He gave her to me!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of parenting, especially as it relates to a strong minded girl. (And Emma seems pretty strong-willed to!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how it is that Emma has learned, and perfected, the pout. Yesterday, when I was baby-sitting while you and the hubby were at work, she would literally cross her arms, stick out her lower lip, and sulk. Where in the world did she get this from? :) I understand the blood curdling yells . . . they happened for me when I tried to fasten her in her car seat . . . you would have thought I was cutting off an apendage. :)

    ReplyDelete