Monday, February 7, 2011

We have won the Superbowl, no thanks to the United States Postal Service

Hello adoring fans:


I write today in sure bliss as my beloved Green Bay Packers have won the Super Bowl. However, the game would have been a bit better had the United States Postal Service been able to deliver my official Clay Matthews jersey prior to the big game. But alas, they tried to get me the jersey prior to kick-off, so I will give them an A for effort.


I guess my bigger problem is not with the USPS but with China---which by the way is from where the jersey was coming. And of course, when you think of NFL jerseys, China automatically crosses your mind. Not only is my problem the lack of communication (we had no idea how long it would take, the website said 5-10 days---it took 14) from said Chinese company that the husband ordered el cheapo jersey's from, but also the fact that my "women's" jersey is bedazzled and about the size of an American ladies small...which by the way is NOT the size I ordered! What upstanding Green Bay Packers fan, has a bedazzled jersey? I mean really....seriously, bedazzled--with fru fru sleeves! This was not what I had in mind and by the way, totally not what the picture showed me. It looks like I need to seriously drop some major poundage before kick-off next season, in order to get my money's worth out of this jersey. The sad fact is, I ordered a size that if an American company had made it, would have been too big on me! :( I am sorry China, I am not 4'10" and weigh 90 lbs. If you are going to be making jersey's for Americans then you best be understanding that we will go by the size chart you supply SO make your size chart reflect your product, thank you!


So maybe, just maybe I should be thanking the United States Postal Service because had I had this jersey yesterday, I would have been vastly disappointed...I still would have worn it--don't get me wrong, but disappointed! I am a true football fan and appreciate when jerseys have a certain type of authenticity....but what should I have expected from China---they do not understand the ways of American football or the fans! I will wear my bedazzled fru fru jersey with all the pride one can muster in that jersery, knowing that my boys brought the Lombardi trophy home!


Go Pack Go!

2 comments: