Friday, November 5, 2010

Once upon a time....

Hello wonderful world of blog followers:
I'm sure all of you have been missing an amazing post from me. That is not sarcasm, I believe that all my posts are amazing and that you all should be missing them when I go for a month or so without writing one. Some of you know, okay maybe only like one of you know that I've contemplated writing a book. Well it just so happens, that a co-worker of mine thinks that I would make an excellent author. I have a "cute sense of humor," she says and she would love reading a book from me! The problem comes in when my book would be chock full of sarcastic humor which somehow gets lost in translation. I write now as if the only problem I'd have in writing a book is that nobody would find the humor in it, however the bigger problem is writing a book that is longer than 10 pages or having a topic worth publishing! If any of you out there have an idea of a book for me to write, I'd sure be happy to hear about it!

Anyway, moving on. This past month as been crammed full of stuff. Lily turned 4 on October 25 and she desperately wanted to have another princess party. So because I have sucker written all over my face, I threw her a princess party. This year, it was complete with costumes! Of course, I failed her miserably when I was unable to complete the castle. She wanted a castle that she could play in, a pink castle with purple on it. I had gathered up some boxes and had begun to paint them and assemble them when I reached maximum burn-out. I am a procrastinator by nature, so I thrive on the pressure that comes when completing things last minute. The week of her birthday party, I had a 4 page paper to write, an assignment to turn in, and of course her castle cake to make, not to mention working night shift the night before her party or working throughout the week. Needless to say, the castle to play in, fell by the wayside! I know, I am a sorry excuse for a mother, how dare I promise a castle to my sweet little princess and then go back on my word? The husband assures me she'll be okay.

Aside from the birthday and the party, life is pretty uneventful. Classes are going great and by classes I mean the one class that I'm taking. My professor loves me (it's a web class but she makes comments on all of our assignments and I always receive glowing remarks) and as well she should, I'm pretty loveable! I have signed up for more classes for the winter quarter and am still looking into getting into a Master's program for counseling. 

Life is good, the Badgers are ranked higher than the Buckeyes in every poll and the Packers are doing well and the Vikings continue to lose. Can life get better? I suppose you know end of sickness and establing world peace would make life a bit better but who's asking anyway. I'll be bidding you adieu now until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment